Vote Nevada Supporters,
Sample Ballots are in the mail as I type if you haven’t already received yours. Mail-in ballots will be in the mail no later than October 19th. Early voting begins October 22nd. Now is the time to make a plan to vote:
- Set aside some time to research the candidates on your ballot. Some tips:
- Take the information in campaign ads with a large grain of salt.
- Campaign websites are often superficial
- Look for reliable information about each candidate.
- Research the ballot questions.
- You can use the Sec. Of State’s Ballot Question Booklet: https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/home/showpublisheddocument/10820/637968581844670000
- You can also watch a brief ballot question explainer here: https://vote-nevada.news/2022-Ballot-Questions-Review
- You can find voting information specific to your county here: https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/elections/election-information/2022-election-information/voting-locations
- You can sign-up to be notified when your mail-in ballot is counted here: https://nevada.ballottrax.net/voter/
- Be sure to sign the back of your envelope if you use your mail-in ballot.
- Here is more information about mail-in voting: https://vote-nevada-blog.org/mail-in-voting/
- Be sure to mail in or drop off your mail-in ballot by no later than November 8th.
- Help a friend create a plan to vote.
I will be on Zoom every Sunday between now and election day on November 8th from 6 to 7 pm. You can access the link by RSVPing here: https://vote-nevada.news/Election-2022-Office-Hours Bring any and all questions about this election, researching candidates and ballot questions, and how to ensure that your vote counts.
Northern Nevada Marches Forward is hosting a panel discussion on protecting voting and democracy on October 11th, via Zoom, from 6 to 7:30 pm. You can find more information here: https://fb.me/e/3RgbafylY
Indivisible Northern Nevada is hosting an event with Secretary of State candidate Cisco Aguilar on Thursday, October 13th, via Zoom, from 5 to 6 pm. You can RSVP here: https://fb.me/e/2ZImbbRML
On Tuesday, October 18th Noon to 1 pm, the CSN Women’s Alliance and Nevada NOW is hosting a Q&A session on Ballot Question 1 with human rights attorney Kate Kelly via Zoom, “Nevada’s Equal Rights Amendment: Equality for all! This isn’t your grandmother’s ERA!”, click here to RSVP: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMkceGupjouEt2E2Gv4swOvv1dvbmYe7ZbX
The CSN Women’s Alliance, the CSN Social Justice League, and the CSN Student Government are hosting a “Make Your Voice Heard in Democracy” event via Zoom on October 21st, from noon to 1 pm. We will be discussing why voting is important and how to make your voice heard. RSVP for the link here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtc–rpzIjH9yFinBLie7NzLaAnf4Ac0Q9
Nevada NOW is participating in an ERA rally at the Floyd George Courthouse on October 22nd, from 4 to 5 pm. You can find more information here: https://fb.me/e/f0b5Inc0Q
The YesOn3 campaign has a new website with interactive features. You can watch the first endorsement commercial and participate by signing up through the Join page or by uploading a statement or short video under Share Your Story: https://yeson3nv.com/
And the campaign now has a YouTube channel you can subscribe to: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyRF5KgJWw6EVl8VzKVzfRA
Thank you for being Nevadans with me,
Please consider selecting Vote Nevada as your preferred nonprofit on Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_se_uspo_laas_aas
Vote Nevada is now qualified to receive donations through Facebook fundraisers.